Our Harvest Of Fresh Produce Goes From May Until As Long As The Season Permits
200 Varieties of the Freshest Vegetables Grown in CT Every Year
What Is Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)?
- Our C.S.A. represents a direct relationship between our consumers (you) and your farmer (us), where we both share in the benefits and risks of growing the freshest, best tasting, nutrient-rich food.
- Before the season starts, our members commit to purchasing their "share" making them a shareholder.
- A share is a box of our freshly picked sustainably grown produce. The box size is determined by the size of the share you have purchased (1/4 share, 1/2 share, full share).
- Each box will have 6 to 8 different types of produce every week for the term of your C.S.A. membership. Your share will consist of whatever produce is being harvested during that week.
What Are The Benefits Of Purchasing A CSA Share?
- CSA memberships keep your money in your community.
- Members have access to the freshest, highest quality, best flavored seasonal products.
- You will get to know your farmer and how your food was produced.
- By supporting The LEAF's CSA, you will help to ensure that the important educational programs that are going on at The LEAF continue to grow in the future, (The LEAF is a 501c-3 Non Profit)
- Any of the weekly shares that are not picked up will be donated. This way nothing ever goes to waste and you are helping others in your community
- All shares include the opportunity to purchase our bulk produce at the current market prices for canning, freezing or any other use our shareholders might have.
Community Supported Agriculture
Each full share box will contain 6 to 10 different types of produce depending on the season and the weather.